Every year, we carefully plan the Fortune India 40 Under 40 list, highlighting the stellar work done by some of the country’s best and sharpest young entrepreneurs, corporate executives and fund managers. Stories of how these young achievers have grown and carved their mark are an inspiration for all.
Fortune India is looking for the best young leaders, innovators, risk-takers, and disruptors to join the class of 2020. As part of the process, we are now accepting nominations for this year’s 40 Under 40 list.
This is an opportunity to nominate yourself or someone you know for doing remarkable work in the world of business. In short, we are looking for high achievers with an exceptional track record.
The criteria for selection would be based on the following basis:
1. Disruptive quality of the idea/person; what they have done differently from several others in the segment
2. Scalability. How has the business scaled in the last one year?
3. Innovation/not a me-too. How is the idea/offering different from others?
4. Impact already made. This needs to be reflected through numbers
5. Not an inheritor
6. Validation from an outsider, such as an investor or business partner
For corporate executives:
1. Role in the organisation (at least two years)
2. Any key decision/action which has made an impact in growing the business. Need validation through numbers - addition to earnings
3. Any key corporate or strategic contribution. Need validation through numbers
4. Validation from an outsider, such as an investor, client or business partner
For fund managers:
1. Role in the organisation (at least two years) and why it matters. Specify areas of expertise
2. Impact on business in terms of fund allocation or deal closed and its overall contribution to the company’s business
3. What are the long-term prospects of his/her business expertise
4. Validation from an outsider, such as an investor or business partner
In the case of entities with multiple co-founders, ALL co-founders need to be under the age of 40. Nominees must be under the age of 40 as of March 31, 2020.
Kindly attach a copy of the PAN card or Aadhaar card for age verification.
We are category agnostic, so whichever industry you may belong to, do feel free to send us your nominations. We would love to know more about you/your nominees and your/their business and achievements.
The 40 Under 40 nomination deadline has been extended till April 30, 2020 owing to the current situation arising from Covid-19 disruptions, and requests that we have received. No nominations would be accepted beyond this date.
We look forward to your entries! Do share them with us at the earliest on the following email ids:
The final list of 40 will be decided by Fortune India’s editorial team, after verification and consultations with industry specialists and an expert panel. The list will be published in Fortune India’s special issue, which will be on stands in June. The listers will also be felicitated at a ceremony in Bengaluru later this year.
Find last year's list here.