Remote work is no longer a company ‘benefit’, it has now become the modus operandi for enterprises across the globe. It will remain so, in the near future too. A report suggests, by 2025, approx. 36.2 million Americans will be working remotely. As organizations hire more remote workers, the platforms for hiring remote talent have proliferated as well. It can be difficult to choose the right platform, especially when it comes to hiring resources with technical capabilities - like software engineers. In this article, we have researched and picked the Top 10 platforms for hiring Remote Engineers in 2021. Read on:
1. Supersourcing: is a faster and an efficient way of finding expert IT agencies who offer fix price and remote Engineers across industries. True to the company’s positioning -’ why outsource when you can supersource?’ Supersourcing allows enterprises much more than just outsource remote engineers. They help you find the best-in-class engineers without any operational challenges and long-term commitment. The platform can enable enterprises to hire remote engineers across technologies and for domains ranging from eCommerce to Finance, Food, Healthcare, Education, and more.
● It is a next-generation platform to ensure the quality of the IT partners and remote engineers. Supersourcing vets the engineers on various parameters and facilitates project management. This 360-degree holistic process ensures the best quality and experience.
● The three-step hiring process makes it extremely easy to hire developers or an agency for your projects: ○ Post hiring projects in less than 5 mins ○ Get Instantly matched with verified IT agencies (@ zero commission) ○ Shortlist the best agencies from the list and get proposals - all within 24 hours.
2. Upwork: Upwork started two decades ago, from being a two membered team to a platform with millions of job requirements and skills across 70+ categories, it has become a leading freelancers’ community.
● The platform has over 1500 skilled IT professionals across technologies.
● It can quickly give a list of shortlisted candidates, matched to the project requirement.
● Every professional is reviewed and rated as per the projects handled - this minimizes the chances of hiring sub-standard remote engineers.
3. Fiverr: Fiverr is a freelancers’ marketplace that has professionals from across all domains from developers to music professionals, the domains the platform operates in are many (over 400). The platform has skills across 8 major categories - design, digital marketing, programming/software development, video, and animation.
● They help to simplify work for enterprises with access to the right talent and the right time, irrespective of the budget.
● Enterprises can find services based on their goals and deadlines.
● Secure payments.
4. Toptal.com: Toptal is a marketplace of developers, designers, finance experts, product managers, and project managers. They help enterprises hire developers for projects like app development, web development, other product development projects, and more.
● Their claim is - hire the Top 3% of Remote Developers. Why? Because out of the thousands of developers’ applications they receive their portals accept only 3% of them.
● A rigorous screening process for developers which includes - in-depth skill interview, test projects, live screening and more.
● Their hiring process includes - talking to an expert to understand goals and objectives, getting matched with the right talent within 24 hours, and a trial run with the talent.
5. Freelancer.com: As the name suggests, Freelancers.com has a pool of Freelancers with skills across categories, be it web designing, app development, graphic designing, and more. The platform has over 27,000 categories listed under Websites, IT & Software.
● Enterprises can either post a project or a contest.
● Real-tie chat with freelancers.
● Fixed price or by the hour payment module.
● Milestone payment system.
6. Arc.Dev: Arc.Dev is an exclusive platform for hiring remote engineers. They help hiring senior developers, who are pre-vetted by them. Their Silicon Valley-caliber interview process ensures only high-quality engineers are listed on the platform.
● Their talent engine sources expert developers including ex-Googlers based in the U.S. to engineering PhDs, and more.
● Arc.Dev has an extensive network of open-source contributors, Codementor community, Stack Overflow answerers, and more.
7. Starkflow: Starkflow helps enterprises of every scale hire SaaS talent within a short period. They take care of payments, payroll processing, and all the accounting tasks, ensuring that the hiring process of remote developers is easy for enterprises.
● They offer one week trial
● Easy hiring process - list requirements, get matched with the right developers, assemble a team of developers if need be, and get started.
8. Lemon.io: Lemon.io is unlike other freelancers’ or outsourcing platforms. It is an exclusive community lemon is the exclusive community of startup projects. From resume review to referral check they take care of the entire process of hiring remote developers across skillsets.
● The platform offers a developer match within 24 hrs
● Custom Assisted developer Matching
● Replacement Guarantee with Zero-Risk
9. Gun.io: Gun.io helps enterprises not just hire developers but build custom engineering teams. They have a high-quality network of engineers from across the platform listed on their platform. They can help enterprises hire senior engineers for a few hours of work or build a team for a long-term engagement.
● Streamlining the product development workflow with technology including - reference checks, technical assessments for developers, and budget assessments for enterprises, and more.
● Thousands of pre-vetted software developers are listed on the Gun.io platform.
10. Engineerbabu: Engineerbabu is a boon for enterprises and start-ups that want to get going with their tech projects at the earliest. Irrespective of the technical expertise the hiring managers or entrepreneurs have, Engineerbabu can help find the best-in-class engineers. The company saves - time, cost, and effort that goes into creating an IT team. They have a pool of over 250+ engineers with the latest and the greatest of tech skills.
● With 975+ Projects, 484+ Clients, and 60 High-Rated Credible Reviews, the trust factor of Engineerbabu is incredible.
● Engineerbabu specializes in developing MVPs with faster execution and optimized cost.
● Products developed by Engineerbabu have been selected in Y-Combinator 2016 & 2017, featured in Victorian AIIA Awards, most innovative Premier Design Award, and much more.
● Engineerbabu offers comprehensive solutions to hire remote engineers’ comprehensive solutions to hire Remote Engineers, they take care of all operational challenges like - legal, management, taxes, attrition, replacement, and more.
Author Mayank Pratap Singh is Co-Founder of Supersourcing & EngineerBabu; EngineerBabu has been a successful IT agency and Supersourcing is a product built on the learnings from EngineerBabu over its last 7 years.